Verizon Wireless and Research In Motion has a new 3G addition to the BlackBerry Curve family of smartphones. The new BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available in business sales channels beginning Sept. 16. It will be available online at www.verizonwireless.com and in Verizon Wireless Communications Stores in the coming weeks.
Key Features Include:
- Stylish new design (4.3” x 2.4” x .55” and 3.7 oz.) with face finished in a mirror-like trim; black, soft-touch sides; and textured back for a comfortable, secure feel in the hand
- 35-key full QWERTY backlit keyboard for fast, accurate typing and optical trackpad for easy and fluid navigation
- Dedicated media keys integrated along the top of the smartphone, so music lovers can easily access their tunes while on the go
- BlackBerry® Media Sync to easily sync music as well as photos with the smartphone*
- 512 MB Flash memory and microSD/SDHC slot that supports up to 32 GB memory cards for media storage
- Built-in GPS with support for geo-tagging and location-based applications, including VZ Navigator®, which provides audible turn-by-turn directions to millions of points of interest and the option to share the directions with others
- Built-in Wi-Fi® (802.11 b/g) for fast browsing; smooth music streaming; and the ability to talk on the phone while browsing the Web, instant message with BBM™ (BlackBerry® Messenger), and share location with friends on popular social networking sites
- Camera with video recording (requires a separately sold microSD card)
- Industry-leading BlackBerry e-mail and messaging capabilities
- Easy mobile access to Facebook®, Twitter™, MySpace™ and Flickr® as well as popular instant messaging services
- Support for BlackBerry App World™, featuring a broad and growing catalog of third-party mobile applications developed specifically for BlackBerry smartphones
- Premium phone features, including voice-activated dialing, speakerphone, and Bluetooth® (2.1)
The BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone (model 9330) will be available for $29.99 after a $100 mail-in rebate with a new two-year customer agreement on a voice plan with an eMail and Web feature or an eMail and Web for BlackBerry plan. Data plans for the BlackBerry Curve 3G smartphone begin at $29.99 when added to any Nationwide voice plan. Customers will receive the mail-in rebate in the form of a debit card; upon receipt, customers may use the card as cash anywhere debit cards are accepted.